Spring is a new beginning, so it’s the perfect time to clean up that skincare routine! Change of weather also means tweaking your products. As the weather warms up, you may not need that heavy moisturizer anymore, and you can focus on resuming some antiaging ingredients that made you too dry in winter.
Amp up the RETINOL.
- Some people have to back off on their retinol products in the cold, dry weather. Now is a good time to try to slowwwwly increase the frequency to every night, if tolerated.
Pick a moisturizer with a level of hydration that matches what your skin needs by the season.
- If your skin does not run dry in warmer seasons, then you can switch back to a “lotion” moisturizer rather than a “cream.”
- Want antiaging in your morning moisturizer? Try our Alastin Daily Restorative!
Pick a face cleanser that will effectively wash off makeup and sunscreen, while remaining pH balanced.
- We like our EltaMD Foaming Face Wash to do just that, a little goes a long way, and no need to scrub!
Don’t regret forgetting your neck!
- The last thing you want is to look back and say, “Geez, I wish I hadn’t ignored my neck all those years.”
- Our Alastin Neck Cream is our favorite for antiaging and no irritation.
Make sure you have SPF 30 or higher in your morning routine.
- But also remember that SPF in moisturizers or makeup only lasts 2-ish hours, and then you need to reapply if you’re out.
Give your eyes that special attention.
- The eye area is very different and delicate skin compared to the rest, so having a quality product specific to that area is important.
- Our Alastin Eye Treatment is a big hit!
Add the magic of “C.”
- If you can manage another step in your regimen, add that vitamin C and antioxidants.
- Our Skinceuticals CE Ferulic beats out all the rest!
Hydrafacial, Hydrafacial, Hydrafacial.
- A Hydrafacial can infuse all of these important ingredients- like superfoods for your skin!
- After a dry winter and in time for the change of season, think of this as your first step to jumpstart for spring skin!